From just one phone call we ensure that all aspects of the funeral arrangements are looked after in a caring and professional manner.
Everyone is unique, and their choice of ceremony may differ depending on religious , cultural or personal preferences. We are here at all times to advise and help you organise the type of ceremony that reflects your wishes.
What to do when someone dies:
If the death is unexpected the first call should be to the emergency service, from there, the Gardaí will contact The Coroner, who will assess the facts surrounding the death. They may insist for a post-mortem examination to take place. This could take an extra 1-2 days before the Funeral Directors have access to the remains of your loved one.
If the death was expected the first call should be to the deceased’s GP to alert them of the death. The GP will be required to visit the deceased at their home to confirm the death has occurred. Once death has been confirmed you should contact Farrelly Funeral Directors.
A Step- by Step guide to arranging a Funeral:• We begin to arrange the funeral by meeting up with the family either at one of our premises or calling to your home.
• We care for the remains of your loved one in a dignified and respectful manner.
• We discuss with the family of any wishes they or their loved one may have.
• We arrange and organise all details for the Funeral Mass, Funeral Service, Burial or Cremation.
• We assist the family in preparing the death notice for publication. E.g: http://www.rip.ie , local radio or the newspaper.
• We discuss with the family, if they would like to use our Funeral Home or their home for the reposing of their loved one.
• We assist the family in the selection of a coffin or casket.
• We can arrange a Funeral Wreath or a selections of Flowers for the top of the coffin or for the burial.
• We can organise the music at the Funeral Mass or Funeral Service.
• We arrange memorial cards for the day of the Funeral.
• We can arrange Mass Booklets for the Funeral if the family would like.
• We provide condolence books at our Funeral Home, the families home and the Church or Crematorium.
• We are available at all times 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call, if you have any questions.